Marion, Indiana Runway Collision – 4/2/2018
- Date: April 2, 2018
- Location: Marion Municipal Airport, Marion, IN, USA
- Airline: Unknown
- Type of Aircraft: Cessna 525 Citation Jet and Cessna 150
- Type of Incident: Runway Collision
- Total Passengers: 5 aboard the Citation, 2 onboard the Cessna 150
- Injuries: 0
- Fatalities: 2 (both Cessna 150 passengers)
(Marion, Indiana, USA – April 2, 2018) Two people, both local Indiana firefighters, were killed when a single-engine Cessa 150 collided with another aircraft during a take-off attempt at the Marion Municipal Airport in Marion, IN on Monday.
The second plane, a Cessna 525 Citation Jet, had it’s tail sheared off in the collision. None of the 5 passengers on board the jet was injured.
The NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) was beginning to investigate the crash.
Image credit: WRTV
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
Our practice exclusively involves injury and death cases resulting from airplane accidents, helicopter crashes, and aviation disasters.